Saturday, December 1, 2007

 

Getting Ready for Santa






Caleb has wanted a big slide for so long. Well we have been looking around and don't have the money to go out and buy a super nice swing-set/slide/playground, so of course we have decided to make our own. The story is, we have to build the tower and swing-set, so Santa can put on the slide on Christmas. So we have about 10-12 days when I'm not working to get this all built.
Yesterday I went to Lowes and bought 9 4x4x16ft posts and strapped them to the top of our Explorer. Those are some long and heavy posts. I told Kim I probably looked like a weirdo trying to lift these things to the top of the Explorer. My arms were shaking like crazy. Then people were starring at me the whole way home, because I had posts hanging longer than the Explorer off the front and back. It was pretty funny!
Then today we spent most of the day getting the 4x4x16 posts leveled and set in concrete. Right now it makes me think of the tower King Benjamin had built to speak to his people. I'm sure his tower was bigger, but it just looks funny with 9 4x4x16ft post sticking up in my backyard.
Anyway, Caleb was a great helper using his shovel and wheelbarrel to move dirt and sand that we had from the holes we dug. He loves to go outside and try all of Daddies tools. He is getting pretty excited about Santa bringing this slide!
Well, we will try to keep you all updated on the progress. After yesterday and today, I almost wish we would have spent the money and just bought one. I feel like a jelly-fish. I guess I got my workout for the weekend!

Comments:
Oh My Goodness!!! First of all, Happy Birthday to KIM - I hope Jason is fixing you a birthday dinner or something and I'm sure Caleb is in the kitchen whipping up a birthday cake... Secondly,I am so excited about the BLOG - I'm sorry for all the nagging -- it is so great... I love the pictures and story that came along with them!! Thirdly, keep the stories and pictures coming! WE LOVE YOU ALL. Gram
 
WOW -- can we come play on your King Benjamin tower playset when it's all finished?? Looks like it's going to be BIG and FUN! Sounds like Caleb is going to have fun on that slide that Santa is bringing him!!

We love you guys!!
 
Yeah! I am so excited to see your blog! We hope Kim had a great Birthday! The swing set looks like so much fun! We miss you guys and we love seeing pictures of you all!
Tell Caleb we said hi and that we love him and give Austin kisses for us!
Love, Eric and Ashlee
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]