Sunday, September 21, 2008

 

MARINE CORPS ULTIMATE CHALLENGE MUD RUN 9/20/2008

I was asked by several guys in the ward to run the USMC MUD RUN with them this past Saturday. I had 2 weeks to prepare as best I could. Unfortunately one of the guys was unable to run with us because he was deployed over to the middle east, he is in the Air Force. So we ran as a 2-man team. It was a blast! I had a great time, even though I feel like I held up my teammate. I felt like I was doing pretty good until we got a point where one of the Marines or volunteers on the course yelled out "Good job, keep going, your half-way done"! Then about 15-20 minutes later another yelled out, "great job, your almost done, only 1/2 mile left"! Then 5-10 minutes later another yelled out "only 1/2 mile left, keep going"! I thought to myself, "these guys are playing games with us, if I hear one more guy say 1/2 mile left I'm going to tackle him and throw him in one of these big mud pits! We ended up doing pretty good. If it weren't for me, Steve my teammate would have finished a couple minutes faster. But we finished with the 105th best time out of over 1100 teams. So top 10% isn't too bad. I'm glad I did it, it was fun! It also has motivated me to get into better shape. There were several couples from our ward that did it as well and it was fun to see them running, sliding and sloshing through the mud. I might get some pictures posted on here later. If you want to read the description of the course and see some of the pictures from last years Mud Run here is the link. Hopefully they will post some of the pictures from this years soon. http://www.usmcmudrun.net/course.html

Comments:
Sounds like a whole lotta not-fun to me!! Top 10% is pretty darn good! I would have probably finished 1100th of those 1100 teams.
 
Jason, That looks like tons of fun... especially the mud. I think we should have an ultimate family challenge mud run. Wouldn't that be funny! You did good. We were always proud of you and how well you did. We love ya, mom
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]